Purgatory in Charlotte NC: June 14th

By on April 28, 2008

Fetish events charlotte usaDid you know that Charlotte, North Carolina, is home to one of the largest fetish events in the USA? Purgatory is bi-monthly, every 2nd Saturday of every even month at Amos’ Southend, the city’s largest music/arts venue, which is completely transformed into a huge 2-level dungeon over days of pre-production.

The downstairs area is full-scale nightclub, with a large stage in the front where their own Purgatory Fetish Performers along with Playboy TV’s Oni & Jody put on shocking & erotic performances every hour, with beautiful fetish go-go dancers in-between each show, all to the cutting-edge industrial/ebm sounds of nationally known DJs Lechter, Spider & Karma.

In the back is the largest of 3 full bars in the venue and a huge vendors’ area where patrons can purchase everything from lingerie & fetish gear to toys & videos as well as original art and even custom vampire fangs!

The upstairs area features 10 unique & fully interactive fetish “play stations”, including St. Andrew’s crosses, violet wand electro-torture, a complete medical fetish station, a soft-play table, a waxing station, a “human red carpet” trampling station, and even rope suspension where patrons can literally hang from the rafters, swinging down into the crowd on the lower level!

latex lady

fetish mistress at fetish club in USA

Purgatory is also one of the few major fetish events that doesn’t enforce any sort of dress code, fans can come dressed in their favorite fetish attire or “in theme” with the event, but jeans & a t-shirt are okay too. The event encourages “true freedom of
expression” so long as it’s kept within the boundaries of NC state law, meaning no full nudity and of course a strict 18+ policy.

Single Cell Productions also takes Purgatory on the road to countless cities across the US, including several appearances over the years at the Skin Two Pre-Pervy Party in Atlanta, Ga. and plan to take the event on tour internationally in 2009.

The next Purgatory will take place June 14th, 2008 at Amos’ Southend, and will feature the long-awaited “Circus Of Souls” theme with The Purgatory Fetish Performers’ makeup done by legendary body painter Pashur and more special guests TBA.

For more info on Purgatory and other Single Cell events, visit their official website at www.singlecell.us or their myspace at
www.myspace.com/singlecellpurgatory

Fetish events charlotte usa

fetish party in USA

walking the red carpet at Purgatory

11 Comments

admin

August 5, 2008 @ 09:31

Comments are now closed for this story.

Admin

Dii

May 18, 2008 @ 21:03

I’ve been going to Purg since I turned 18. My 1st Purg was in October of ’07 and since then, I’ve been addicted. Everytime I come, I bring two more people than the last time plus the people I’ve brought before. Everyone there is so nice and the show itself is spectacular. There’s not pressure to do anything you don’t want to do, but the option is always there to try something new if you’re interested. Even if bondage and fetish isn’t your thing, it’s still an experience just to walk around and people watch. I would recommend that everyone attend Purg at least once in their life.
And I’d like to say “keep up the good work” to the Single Cell staff. What you do is amazing!

Twigglet

May 16, 2008 @ 04:29

I just want to say thanks to everyone that comes out and makes this event what it is. I encourage anyone who is curious to come and check it out. I would have never thought a few years ago when I moved to the south that this is the whirlwind that I would get swept into, but I have enjoyed every moment of it.

Hope to see you all at some of our road shows and here in the buckle of the bible belt.

Dave Harlequin

May 14, 2008 @ 22:21

Okay, I may be stating the obvious here but…
The article looks fantastic! many thanks to Tim & everyone at Skin Two!

Master Reginald

May 14, 2008 @ 17:40

I had the chance to come down from NYC to catch one of the Purgatory parties and I personally found it to be one of the safest, most well organized, and all around fun events I’ve been to in a very long time. Glad to see it finally getting some international attention! I know how hard it must be for a southern city to host something like this. Keep up the good work guys!

torch

May 9, 2008 @ 06:19

With every success story comes jealosy and haters trying to tear it down. I’ve heard quite a few of these accusations over the years from members of the fanatical religious right to members fired for misconduct. As stated above, we have police both inside and outside every event for patron safety and prevention of narcotics coming into our facility in addition to the venue security and our own security. Every member of staff’s age information is held on file and documented with state identification. The venue itself which hosts large rock shows when not rented to Purgatory/Singlecell has a clean record for it’s entire lifespan with zero violations. As entertaining as the accusations are, they’re completely unfounded.

Mistress Collette

May 1, 2008 @ 15:24

Ahem, pardon me but I feel that it should be noted:

With our enhanced security team along side of the security at the club itself I have never felt an unsafe moment in any Purgatory shows. We do pat downs and bag checks at the door. Our 20 members of security staff watch both upstairs and down and we have a no tolerance policy. If caught intoxicated by any drugs you will be removed. We have over the years prevented a huge number of people from walking in through our front doors with any illegal substances (and even some legal ie people who try to sneak in alcohol) Safety is our #1 prerogative at our shows. I would also like to mention that ALE (alcohol license enforcement) along side of the Fire Marshall are at EVERY one of our shows with our welcome to ensure that underage persons and illegal drug use is not a part of our shows. Just at the last show we through out a person who was inappropriately making advances to a submissive and made unwanted contact with her along with a few others who were too intoxicated ( I don’t know what they were on) to be in the club. Our motto is this SAFE, SANE, and CONSENSUAL and we enforce those rules very strictly.

Now please, educate yourself a little better before trying to “help”. If what you were saying was true than I would appreciate your concern. Problems like what you mentioned certainly would make for a terrible fetish experience and I agree something would need to be done. However your biased opinions are not true nor are they welcome. Thank you.

Ralph

April 28, 2008 @ 20:28

“Did you know that Charlotte, North Carolina, is home to one of the largest fetish events”
HA! more like a front for a large scale drug dealing and underage sex predators gathering! there is enough coke and ecstasy in that event to literally make a mountain out of! Not to mention the amount of under-agers that get snuck in by the event coordinators! Don’t believe me? Do a raid and you will be astonished at what will be found!!!

4n0nYm0u5

April 28, 2008 @ 20:10

strictly 18 ?
As long as no one gets caught with their fake IDs?

DJ Matt B

April 28, 2008 @ 18:43

Glad to see that the UK is aware of what we have goin on down here in the south! Purgatory is long running and grows each year. Single Cell should be applauded not only for Purgatory, but, the many other events they host….

Mark

April 28, 2008 @ 18:16

Nice nice… might have to check one of these out..

Leave Comment